Tuesday, July 24, 2007

European Adventures

Our trip began on Dec 20, 2006. Emily, Joni, Seth, Daniel, Karrin, and I flew into London. When we arrived we lugged our bags through the streets of London. We ended up staying at a hostel. It wasn't too bad except that we shared our quarters with some italian guy who always walked around in his underwear. To some that may be a treat. However to us, not so much! We enjoyed the city especially the double decker buses. We would sit at the top and hope people watch people run in front of the buses. Thet were crazy and even worse the buses wouldn't slow down. A local informed us that if a bus was to hit a pedestrian then the pedestrian was liable to pay for all the damages. Who knew. We also enjoyed the sites in London. We took a walking tour that was absolutely fabulous. The only thing I didn't like was how expensive everything was and the food wasn't that great either. I payed 12.00 for a mcdonalds combo meal! Ouch! Our next stop was Prague. We stayed in a 4 star hotel. It was fancy smancy and the breakfast was to die for! My dad met us at the airport. He lives in Czech and I hadn't seen him for 7 years. It was good to see him. I took a train to my dads town which was three hours away and spent christmas there. I came back the next day on a scary train by myself packed with so much food. The greeks will never change. My friends and I also celebrated christmas that morning. We each picked a person and exchanged gift. It was really awesome. The town of Prague is absolutely breathtaking. I have been their twice now and I recommend it to everyone. Our next stop was Germany. We were basically just passing through. We stayed is some 80's hotel. There is realy not much to report except we enjoyed the pastries there. Then our next stop was Italy. We spent most of our time there. I have so many stories from that place. I'll report that part of the trip soon!

2 comments:

nicole said...

I loved your slideshow! Your trip sounds like a dream come true...I'm so glad it happened to you!

Julie G. said...

Rania- Loved your pictures. It looked like a great trip. Nice that you got to see your dad too.