Friday, November 21, 2008

31 years young!



I guess I can pass off as a high school student still. So I went to the class I interpret for today. I walked in and the teacher wasn't there. No big deal. It happens all the time. So at the same time my phone started vibrating. I looked down and saw that Clint was calling so I headed out to the hall to answer the phone. I was on the phone for about 2 minutes talking about something important and this woman walks up to me and asks me if I am in this class. I answered yes and told her that the teacher isn't here yet. She replies with a very sharp voice saying, "I am the teacher today. Get off your phone right now and get into class!" So in a daze of what just happened I told Clint I'd call him back so I could go interpret. I walked into class and she tells the students that they need to do homework and then went and sat down. So I walked up to her, used my big girl words and asked if there would be anymore requirements of the students today. She told me no so I informed her that I was going back into the hall to finish my important phone call. She didn't say anything else to me the rest of the period. I think she realized then that I was an adult! You think it would stop happening. I can't tell you how many times I am accused of being a student. I just figured by now people knew who I was. The good news is I still look young. I am just askin' for a little kindness and respect.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

You are a smokin hot 31 year old!! That is a great story!

Laura Lee said...

That is hilarious. I would probably do the same thing. I wonder what my "big girl words" would be...

Courtney ♥ said...

That is too funny!!! I bet she felt a bit dumb when she realized who weren't a student. How did you like Twilight?? I liked it a lot-I want to reread Twilight now.

Steph said...

That is so funny. You really do look young. Ha ha, I bet that teacher felt dumb.

Courtney ♥ said...

Hey if you can make it I am going again to Twilight Wed at 7pm-

Unknown said...

Way to stick it to her Ra!

Kristi said...

One of the perks of working at a high school I guess. That's funny.

Jill said...

Let her have it! You rock!

Mike and Jackie said...

So you are not in High School?
I could've sworn you were 18.

nicole said...

you cute little young thing!