Friday, August 8, 2008

Lemonade



So I went to pick up Kailey from a sleep over and this is what I arrived to. A lemonade stand. They were waving down cars fron the street. I noticed that they were charging a $1 per cup. I thought that was a bit pricy, but people were paying. I was amazed. I sat there with my friend in the shade of a tree as we watched people pull over with huge smiles on their faces and money in hand. The girls would squeal with enthusiasum everytime someone would pull over. If people didn't pull over they waved and honk. One man didn't even want a cup of lemonade but gave them a huge handful of change. They were so excited that someone would do that for them. They ended up making about 28 dollars. It was amazing to watch these two girls create abundance and joy. I really feel that lemonade stands bring out the best in people. It's not about buying a drink. It's about supporting each other. It's about building a little ones self-esteem. So thank you to all those who stopped and made a difference in my childs life. Thanks for creating such a positive experience for my sweet Kailey. And thanks for allowing me to witness the goodness that truly exsists in this world.




7 comments:

Kelly said...

That is very sweet. My boys love to have a stand and sell anything...lemonade, snocones, paper airplanes, rocks, even toothpicks. I can't believe how old Kailey is. Time flies!

Unknown said...

Ah, there is nothing like kids doing a lemonade stand! Thanks for the good reminder that I need to stop more often! Too cute!

Jill said...

I remember walking up to the local gas station, buying the 10 cent candies, taking them home and trying to sell them for 15. Too cute!

Kristi said...

I love lemonade stands. I wish it was still acceptable for me to earn a few dollars that way.

Kelly said...

Hi, I am tagging you, if you want to play along, see my blog

Laura Lee said...

I always make an effort to buy lemonade from kids because it really does make them so happy.

I remember I had a snoopy sno cone maker and would sell sno cones when I was little. Such a great part of being a kid.

Mel said...

that is so cute!! i love that girl! she is so sweet and sassy! and you can even see her spunkiness in the pictures. good thing you had your camera! love ya guys!